• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer not recognizing internal memory on Incredible

So, I connect the phone to the pc and it only recognizes the SD card. I drag down the menu on the phone from the home screen where it has the USB connection type (it is at the very top of the screen where your notifications are--you pull it down with your finger and it shows a menu). I then change it to Charge Only. Then set it back to Disk Drive. Then it shows both drives.
Thanks for sharing! I was having the same issue and your fix worked for me as well. Cheers :D

Upvote 0
One other possible issue...if you have too many drives mapped to your computer, it will limit the number that can be accessed...when I connect at my office, only my SD card "drive" shows up unless I disconnect one of the corporate drives that are automatically mapped when I log into the system. Disconnect a drive and it immediately finds the phones Internal Memory "drive".

Upvote 0
I figured this one out I think. On your phone, go to settings -> Connect to PC -> and make sure "Ask me every time" is checked so that it does ask. Then just unplug, reconnect, select disk drive, and both show up! For some reason if it doesn't ask you it defaults to JUST the SD card, even though both showed up in device manager.. Idk why, but it works :)
This doesn't fix it for me. In my case I had it showing both drives at home last night (Windows XP Professional) but now at work it only shows the SD card. I tried to remove the SD card and connected but it didn't work any better. I'll be trying it on a Windows 7 laptop later and hopefully it will work.

Upvote 0
Mine will show both drives when I connect via USB, however it's a crap shoot whether it will initially allow me to access the SD card (I'll get a "please insert disk" dialog if not).

However, if I go to the notification bar and select usb connection -> Mount as Hard Drive (or whatever the actual selection is) it allows me to access both.

Upvote 0
I resolved this issue in Vista 32 by disconnecting the unused mounted network drives (from my office). Before I did that, only the SD card would show up in Windows Explorer as a removable storage device when I connected the phone as a disk drive. After I deleted the unused mounted drives, I got both the SD card and the internal storage on the PC (both showing as separate removable drives).

Glad someone suggested doing this, I wouldn't have thought of it as I didn't know there was a limit on mounted drives mapped to drive letters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones