Computer not recongizing ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. KingKrawler

KingKrawler Member This Topic's Starter

I synch my Eris with Outlook on my computer but have not done so since March 2010. When I now plug my Eris into a USB port, it does not recognize it as another drive or hardware like it used to. The computer does recognize other peripherals when plugged into the USB port.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Did you try restarting? My old computer sometimes buggers up the USB drivers. It said hardware not recognized. The external hard drive worked fine but I tried plugging in my digital camera and it would get stuck at please wait on the screen and would refuse to mount the drive. Restarting the computer did the trick.

3. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

After OTA 2.1 when you plug into USB it asks how you want to connect.. you have to hit the button on the phone to tell it what kind of connection you are making..

4. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Have you tried looking at the default connection type under:

Settings -> Connect to PC -> Default Connection Type?

If it's on Charge Only it won't recognize it.

5. KingKrawler

KingKrawler Member This Topic's Starter

I've already tried rebooting the computer several times, so I don't think thats it.

I may have fat fingered a setting at some point, but I don't see a "Connect to PC" option under "Settings". Am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

6. AcmeData

AcmeData Member

I also had trouble with HTC Sync after OTA 2.1. I started over and reinstalled the freshest version onto the PC (from HTC website) and now make sure the PC app is open and ready when I plug the Eris into the USB.

I also only hit "Sync Now" on the Eris, not on the PC (not sure if it matters, but it works for me).

And, yes, it helps to restart the PC when things don't work!

7. mcaanda

mcaanda Member

Phone re-start took care of the same issue I have been having this morning.

Should have been the 1st thing I did rather than mess w/ it and try to over think it.