• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help computer will no longer recognize galaxy tablet

bc_gurl

Lurker
Nov 29, 2012
Help!! My computer is not recognizing the galaxy 10.1 tablet any more. I have changed usb ports, tried a diff computer, and restarted the tablet, updated the driver (says no need that latest is installed). Yet it keep saying it is an unrecognizable device when I attach it (tablet to usb to computer).:mad:

Help!! My computer is not recognizing the galaxy 10.1 tablet any more. I have changed usb ports, tried a diff computer, and restarted the tablet, updated the driver (says no need that latest is installed). Yet it keep saying it is an unrecognizable device when I attach it (tablet to usb to computer).:mad:

Welcome bc_gurl!
I moved your thread here to help with your issue.

Is there another usb cord you could try?

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem too after I upgraded from Android 3.2 to 4.0.4. One difference though is that I did find that some computers would connect, but any computer I had previously connected it to would not work. The only fix that ever worked for me was a factory reset; it's fine now.

It might be worth a try to do a factory reset. You can back-up your files using a cloud service such as Google Drive without the need to plug it into a computer.

Upvote 0

If possible can you tell us if you updated or anything like that or did it just stop all of a sudden?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones