Computers do not recognize my GS4 anymore

1. meejay

meejay Member

Hello everyone,

I have been using my S4 with my computers for months. I have been using original charger and OEM chargers as well at home and car. I have only used original charge cable at work and used the original charge cable to interchange data between both PC and notebooks.

Last week a strange thing happened that the battery didn't charged with my OEM car charger when its below 15% battery and there was a notification on the screen something like "charging dock plugged" with a different sound than standart charging sound. Tried several times and the phone started rebooting in one of them the language changed from Turkish to Portuguese. Then I have changed the batteries of my wifes S4 with mine and charging problem is resolved. But, later I have realised that my computers does not recognise my S4.

I have tried 4 different computers but it was all the same with each.

Could anybody help me out with this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

As you've tried different pcs then trying plugging it in to different usb ports is pretty pointless as its safe to say the problem almost certainly lies with your handset.

It's more than likely dust/lint trapped in the usb port.

Try cleaning it out with a toothbrush and/or air duster. If this fails, you can also try some electrical contact cleaner.

If this doesn't work then it may need its usb port replaced.
  3. meejay

meejay Member

Handset charges but is not recognized by computers. Does your recommendation still holds?
    Regards
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

As long as you have installed the samsung usb drivers on all of the pcs then yes mate.
  5. meejay

meejay Member

Actually there were samsung drivers installed on two of the computers.
    I guess I need to take my handset to service.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

So a spring clean made no difference then?
  7. meejay

meejay Member

I'll check it later. I am away of computers right now. I will let you know.:)
  8. meejay

meejay Member

Whenever I plug the handset I heard the usb sound on my computer after toothbrushing the usb port. Then the computer started downloading and installling the drivers (which I found interesting since drivers were already installed before) via windows update automatically.
    There seems to be no problem with my work computer at the moment. :thumbup: