Concurrent Data and Voice on VZW?

Last Updated:

1. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I missed something but everything I saw posted says this doesn't work and was an advantage of Apple/ATT. However while playing around this evening during a call I seemed to be able to browse the Web and do google navigation.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Maybe you had WiFi on or the data stored in your cache. EVDO is limited to one or the other, not both. It isn't a DROID limitation but a limitation of EVDO networks, whether it's VZW or Sprint. I have seen a lot of people commenting on various sites saying they can do both on there DROID but it's just not possible without WiFi, as much as I wish it was it just isn't and people shouldn't spread false rumor's.

3. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You're right, I did this from home and didn't notice that that WIFI was enabled. Tried again after turning it off and the data connection failed stating there was no internet connectivity.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. On the plus side, it is nice to know that when using the phone in an area with WIFI it's possible to use both voice and data features. I had assume this didn't work when I saw the notes about VZW being EVDO.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Don't worry, a journalist from a Seattle newspaper did the same thing, he publishes it though and now he looks really bad lol.