Conditioning the batteryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Correct me if i am wrong but i heard to condition the battery you first take it out of the box put it on charge right away. Then when the phone turns green you leave it for another hour. Then you use your phone until it is 0%. And you just repeat the process 2 times. Is this correct?

Advertisement
  2. malice

malice Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I didnt do that. I have used my phone all day heavily and am still at 30%. I did charge it all the way before I turned it on the first time. There is a sticky in the tips and tricks at the top of the page for this as well.

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Do NOT drain the battery on purpose, it serves no use but to shorten the lifespan of the battery. Please check the thread on here about batteries, it was posted by a battery hobbist and contains alot of good info. Bascially just charge it up and use it how you normally would, don't drain it on purpose and keep it topped off as you normally would. Doing anything else is detrimental to the life of the battery and will not make it perform any better, period.

4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I heard charging past the green light doesn't do anything - that it is a myth because it was only needed for the older (nickel?) batteries but does not apply to the new ones we have now.

5. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

Lithium Ion batteries don't require conditioning. The only limitation on their operation is the limit on number of potential charge cycles, don't waste a charge cycle, which means don't plug it in if it's at 95%.

6. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

Charge cycles are measured at 0-100%.

Therefore by charging it at say 90%, you are using 1/10th of a charge cycle. Pick your poison, but they favor being topped off as opposed to cycled