conected, but can't use the internett

1. helgabp

helgabp New Member

i've conected my htc tattoo on to our home wireles, but i can't get on internett, read email, get on the marked, and so on.

in shure im connected, cus the strength is variabe with context of distance from the router. we have linksys.
    i get on the mobile network, but its so expencive, and i've allredy over dubbled my bill from the usual since chrismas, when i got the phone.

please help, with tips, enything. i can't even add aps cus i cant get on the marked.
    btw, sorry for typos

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF!

I've heard of people with Android handsets experiencing problems with certain types of Routers. Is their anyway you could try it on a different router or something to see if the problem still persists? :)
  3. helgabp

helgabp New Member

i was at my sisters place last night, and there i could get in, though we both have linksys. when i got home, i tried to restart the router, but it still wouldt work!
    so annoing!:mad:
  4. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

Try changing channels on the router.
  5. SlowMoe

SlowMoe Active Member

Good idea - I have a similar problem and I'm running WRT54G (DD-WRT firmware) on Channel 6 - may that's the problem!

Thanks! :D
  6. CharlieLima

CharlieLima New Member

I have the same problem as "helgabp" woth the difference that I've been connected to my router earlier without problems. Yesterday a erased old networks that was saved in the memory of the phone and when I connect to my home network it don't work. Well, sometimes it works but then it's like the data flew is being strangled. Very frustrating!

Any ideas?
  7. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

8. SlowMoe

SlowMoe Active Member

9. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

Download WeFi - Automatically connect to the best reliable Wi-Fi around you! , look at the Orange bar "
    "Get WeFi via PC ",select there "Your mobile device" -> Android,and then click download. Save it to your PC and afterwords install it via PC using your data cable using HTC sync. If that doesn't work leave me an email adress and I will email it to you (the version that i have). Cheers