Last Updated:

1. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 6, 2009
    So, I got my Captivate and naturally the very first thing I did was get rid of all things touchwiz.

I reported a couple of days ago that I had gone back from lockbot to the original touchwiz lockscreen and was loving it. Well...I decided to try out touchwiz since I hadn't really tried it to begin with and, I actually kind of enjoy it. I don't particularly like how it changes the scrolling of the applications screen, or that I can't put more things on the dock...but overall it's a nice feeling UI.

Really I've been enjoying trying lots of things on this phone, which is why to choose Android I suppose. But I have a feeling I'll be trying lots of different Roms in the weeks to come with the release of the source code.

So far I have to rate Touchwiz 3.0 as a close second to Sense, as far as customized UI's go. MotoBlur is still a distant last for me, with the Xperia UI somewhere in the middle.

2. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Nice to hear. When I demoed a Vibrant I personally kind of liked TouchWiz. A guilty pleasure I guess. :/

And I don't know if you mean you want to add more applications to the dock, but you can always change the ones on it currently...

I seriously recommend you check out the newest version of Beautiful Widgets. They've just added weather effects to the screen unlocking, so you're that much closer to Sense, without actually having Sense. Granted it is still a work in progress, but definitely worth checking out if you ask me.