Confirm before dialing?General

1. Jon1029

Jon1029 Member

this app works like a charm...
    thanks for developing it!

Jon
  2. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Sure enough...I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works perfectly.

Thank you!
  3. ncampbell21

ncampbell21 Well-Known Member

Just downloaded the program and it works great! Had made many wrong call before. Thanks 7bit
  4. EclipsePTY

EclipsePTY Member

SWEET!
    No more calling people by accident after 12am!
  5. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

In the world of i want everything now why would i want to remove something that makes it so fast to make a call.

i actually like that feature as it makes my phone seem much much faster.

sent from my verizon wireless phone using text to speech

ps this text to speech is amazing
  6. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Call a few people you DON'T want to talk to - by accident. You change your mind.
  7. tsmith4034

tsmith4034 Member

This app has saved me many times since I just installed it yesterday. I have dialed folks at 2 in the morning previous to the app. The only drawback I see is when I use Bluetooth in the car I'd like to disable this app as the BT waits for me to unlock the phone and confirm the dial. In NYS (and many other states) it is illegal to dial a cell phone while driving. The Developer said they will look into this. Great app though for day to day use.
  8. phi11y2

phi11y2 Member

Nice work 7bit.
  9. Fantasma

Sorry I know how to use my phone... this is why I spent a whole day learning it, plus that's why it says end call..and if you go to home our phone is multi tasking.t..just go to phone and push end call.. super quick.. call confirm is annoying when you want to make a fast call.

Imo of course...
  10. linesablur

linesablur Active Member

Works great for me as well.

Along the same lines, I'd recommend the program "not call log" which you can program to return the phone to home screen after hanging up on a call, instead of returning to the phonebook. Every other (dumb) phone I've had returns to the home screen after making a call.
  11. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Yeah, that extra .5 second it takes to hit "Call" or "Hang Up" really slows you down! :rolleyes:
  12. Fantasma

Same can be said about ending a call since the phone is so incredibly fast, some people just love clutter and this is my opinion go right ahead and do what you want.
  13. Saildroid

Saildroid Member

The updated app works very well. Thanks 7bit.
  14. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

Well its not that we don't know how to use the phone, it's scrolling through your contacts and accidentally dialing. This app prevents that, so I find it very useful. :)
  15. CM67

CM67 Well-Known Member

Yeah the directory is really sensitive ... if you put your finger down wrong when scrolling it will call that person and from doing this and hanging up right away it will still ring their phone.

This program has nothing to do with hanging up, it still uses the same method as before it is unchanged and uses its same method as when I got the phone, this program is just so when you scroll through numbers it does not accidentially call someone.

Its a really great program and it really should have came with the phone imho.
  16. snowiboy

snowiboy New Member

Great application! Nice job and thank you very much for keeping application free.
  17. Patkid

Patkid Well-Known Member

Thanks, all.
    I love this app
  18. pharmd

pharmd New Member

7bit has updated the app, looks to include bluetooth support but I have not tested:
    v1.1.0
    -new feature: On/Off option, bypass on screen lock option, bypass BT option
    -localization: added Dutch support (Thanks to Niels)
    v1.1.1
    -bug fix: crash on Android 1.6
  19. autolycus

autolycus Member

Wow extremely useful, nice work 7bit
  20. APKhaos

APKhaos Well-Known Member

Installed V1.1.1 last night. Its working perfectly.

Thanks 7bit! A great app that solves a real-world problem. Much appreciated.
  21. Stole 71

Stole 71 Active Member

Just downloaded it. Works perfectly. Thanks 7bit!
  22. mikecitron

mikecitron Well-Known Member

Works great !!
  23. Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee Member

Installed and I use it also. Thanks!

The only issue is the Bluetooth. If it is on, and not connected, it dials. Would it be possible to have it only call if connected to a BT device?
  24. 7bit

7bit New Member

I think it is not impossible to do that. However, I do not have any of those BT device.
    If someone could help me testing the debug version, it can be accomplished.

Here is the debug version, v1.1.2-debug-11.
    nanabit.net/androiddebug/callconfirm-1.1.2-debug-11.apk (please put http:// at the head)
    (ADDED: oops, sorry, but found a bug on it . please wait another announcement)

It now detects whether a BT device is connected or not.
    If you could try, please test following.
    (disable-confirmation-if-screen-locked is supposed to be off).

Conditions:
    a) disable-confirmation-if-BT-is-on option (BTOPT) is on
    versus
    b) BTOPT is off

c) Bluetooth device is connected
    versus
    d) No Bluetooth device is connected

e) Call is made via the touchpad dialer
    versus
    f) Call is made via BT device

Results:
    X) confirmation dialog appeared
    Y) confirmation dialog did not appear

Expected:
    a + c + (e or f) => Y (the most expected result, a+c+f=>Y. a+c+e=>Y is side effect)
    a + d + (e or f) => X

b + (any) => X

At this time, the Bluetooth device type is not concerned. This will be leaved after this test.

Thanks,

(ADDED: please uninstall then install the debug version. it is also required on successive official app update)
  25. 7bit

7bit New Member

Hmm, it was not so easy that I first thought.
    There seems to be no standard way to know whether a paired Bluetooth device is currently connected or not. Some kind of hack may do, but I found it very difficult without debugging on real device, which I do not have.

Can anyone tell me whether disable-confirmation-if-screen-locked option is suitable for the Bluetooth handsfree problem? (And if not, why?)

Thanks,