Confirmed: Radio Shack Pre-Orders Start 8/13

Last Updated:

1. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Radio Shack pre-orders start tomorrow Friday the 13th (lol), the guy at my local Shack showed me his pc and it showed they are allowed to take your money tomorrow 50 dollars down and you get a gift card. They might open early depending on the amount of pre-orders they get and you'll be guaranteed a phone come release day.

Advertisement
  2. Comenius

Comenius Member

How much is the gift card?

3. SebastianX

Gift card is 50 dollars the same amount you pay for the pre-order and it's used towards the phone. In the event you don't want the phone you have a 50 dollar Radio Shack gift card.

4. Pitbull329

Pitbull329 Well-Known Member

Can u use the gift card towards the phone as well? maybe on release date? you'd end up paying only 200$ out of your pocket that way if you're able to do that.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

How much is the off contract price at radio shack? Do you get $50 gift card still?

6. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yes... thats what I want to know.

7. it.

it. Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I think the gift card you get YOU PAY FOR. The $50 you pay goes toward the gift card, NOT the phone. You're basically buying a gift card to reserve the phone. There is NO free $50 gift card. You're still paying $250 for the phone.

8. SebastianX

Yeah no one said it was free, the deposit money goes on the card which can go towards the phone or anything else, but it's non-refundable so keep that in mind, no idea about the off contract price but if it's anything like the Evo it'll be 50 bucks more than whatever Sprint advertised it as. Third party dealers make it more expensive to make a profit since there is no commission involved.