• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confirmed T-Mobile branded Galaxy-S Vibrant WORKS with $10 data plan!!!! only other is behold 2

Reactions: yahma and 2FR35H
evidence that the Vibrant is also a POS that Samsung/TMO will cut loose after a couple months?

Hah no clearly you guys haven't heard this was released world wide every major carrier has one. Oh and it OUTPERFORMS EVERYTHING cuurently out droid X and Droid 2 included. Samsung has been getting nothing but good reveiws as well and only reason support was dropped for BH2 is because it hardly sold. This Vibrant is a seller for the coming days and months which will take until a company produces a 2ghz processor to beat this.

Root is already set seeing as the original galaxy s hack works with all versions of which I am sure means that once one version receives an update we can tweak it to work with the Vibrant. In any case it only needs to see froyo and 3.0 after that its going to be a year before 3.5 or 4.0 arrives and by that time we all will have the next best thing with a possible dual core.

Upvote 0
NOw you are just making things up. It only bests the droid x in graphics benchmarks not over all speed. Try again bud

btw vibrant is not yet a seller. Not one person bought the phone in my brothers store or the one down the road. I realize that's just two stores but not good considering the goals for sales are high and not even close to being met. piss poor sales compaired to the real power house smartphones...the iPhone, evo, both sell ten fold better and droidx sold out!

Upvote 0
And they BOTH have terrible, sluggish UI that destroy any advantage compared to HTC products (Incredible and N1).

Fortunately the Samsung won't self destruct if you try to root it like the Droid X will.

EDIT: ok, it "probably" won't self destruct if you attempt to hack it. But it will if you do anything to the bootloader. And depending on what else Moto did, I wouldn't count on root (but Moto has enough of a poweruser fanbase from the Droid that I'm guessing they'll get it rooted eventually). However, I'm pretty sure it will never see any ROMs (not ruling it out as a possibility, but I don't think it will happen).

Upvote 0
I hope you are joking. The efuse is not even confirmed to be in the droid x not all rumors are true just cause you read an article on a tech blog doesn't mean it's fact notice that they say it's rumored to have efuse. Plus if the phone is fast enough with enough storage and on an up to date os there really is no reason for most users to ever even consider root.

Upvote 0
I hope you are joking. The efuse is not even confirmed to be in the droid x not all rumors are true just cause you read an article on a tech blog doesn't mean it's fact notice that they say it's rumored to have efuse. Plus if the phone is fast enough with enough storage and on an up to date os there really is no reason for most users to ever even consider root.

Motorola tells Milestone developers, Buy HTC | Androidheadlines.com

“We understand there is a community of developers interested in going beyond Android application development and experimenting with Android system development and re-flashing phones. For these developers, we highly recommend obtaining either a Google ADP1 developer phone or a Nexus One, both of which are intended for these purposes. At this time, Motorola Android-based handsets are intended for use by consumers and Android application developers, and we have currently chosen not to go into the business of providing fully unlocked developer phones.
…Securing the software on our handsets, thereby preventing a non-Motorola ROM image from being loaded, has been our common practice for many years. This practice is driven by a number of different business factors. When we do deviate from our normal practice, such as we did with the DROID, there is a specific business reason for doing so. We understand this can result in some confusion, and apologize for any frustration. ”

I really don't know what exact methods Moto is using to secure the X, and since I don't own it/not buy it I don't care. I have heard they're encrypting the bootloader. But they are clearly opposed to end users doing what they want with the product they purchased.

And I don't give a D#@$ about what most users will do with their phones. If I want to install alternative, open software on my property shouldn't I be able to. If I want to, at my own risk, over/undervolt, remove bloatware, and actually ADMINISTER my system I should be able to. Just my 2 cents.

So much for android being an open environment.

Upvote 0
Yes you can like you said "at your own risk" the problem is it people brick their phones not knowing enough about what they are actually doing then want the oem or carrier to replace the device for free. That's the problem no oem wants to waste money replacing units broken by the end user messing with system files they don't need to mess with. If you want someones product you buy it under their terms not yours! You hit the nail on the head though, if you don't like it don't buy it.

If you need to dev buy a dev phone from google or buy a nexus one. Everyone elses phones are what they are and really you should expect them all to be locked! Right or wrong? That's not for me to say but it is reasonable

Upvote 0
If you want someones product you buy it under their terms not yours!

What other products have that limitation? Name 1.

And do you know of anybody who bricked there phone trying to root it and then returned it? Besides, if that was the problem, the solution would be for the OEM to provide root for those who asked, like they do for SIM locks.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'll admit that the second question was stupid. And that those people are wrong, fraudulent. And again, this is entirely moot if the OEM provides root.

But Ford doesn't install a device that seizes the engine up with I add custom shocks.

And if I understand it correctly, they still have to cover warranty items unrelated to aftermarket additions. IE changing the exhaust wouldn't void coverage for my suspension. Moreover, technically they can only refuse to honor a warranty if the after market part CAUSES the problem (granted that pretty easy to get around).

And installing a different OS doesn't void my computer's warranty.

Upvote 0
NOw you are just making things up. It only bests the droid x in graphics benchmarks not over all speed. Try again bud

btw vibrant is not yet a seller. Not one person bought the phone in my brothers store or the one down the road. I realize that's just two stores but not good considering the goals for sales are high and not even close to being met. piss poor sales compaired to the real power house smartphones...the iPhone, evo, both sell ten fold better and droidx sold out!

I speak no lies only facts. Only in graphics test? maybe but they are the same size processors based on the same tech either way.

Umm why don't you check the Vibrant forum to see if it sold and who loves it and Galaxy S commercials have already launched Samsung is definitely marketing this to hell seeing as T-Mobile doesn't.

Take it for what its worth the Vibrant is SUPERB

Just because something sells doesn't even mean its better. Sure Evo may sell as well as iPhone 4 and Droid X but thats because its overhyped. Check the performance it beats damn near everything on the market currently and I will go as far to say it matches the speed of TI OMAP 1 ghz. The Galaxy S offering is by far the best offering out there right now.

Motorola Droid X and 2 are the only competitors the Galaxy S series truly has. This device(Samsung Vibrant) is no half azz P.O.S. the Galaxy S series is Powerhouse. Deny it all you will it won't make it any less true. Performance is the only thing that truly matters. Samsung performs extravagently. who else gets 16gb of internal storage or better? who else gets a Super Amoled display that works into the saving enough battery life to work for 84hours? who else gets the best camera firmware?

Only new motorola devices with a 1ghz TI OMAP processor can compete with this phone (galaxy S) performance wise.

Upvote 0
This cracks me up. Some dude just wants to let everyone know "hey the vibrant works with the $10 plan" and it turns into a pissing match about what phone is the best out there. They are all good and all bad in one way or another. It basically comes down to which phone you like the best. It's all subjective. Besides give it a month or two and and something better will be out and you guys can do this all over again.

Upvote 0
Sorry your thread about stealing Internet service from tmo (that's exactly what this is) got messed up.

Well I do appreciate the apology there behold_this, but it's not my thread. Just curious, but how exactly is it stealing? I paid for the ten dollar plan on my old phone with was an unlocked omnia which didn't get 3g from T-mo. When I bought my BH2 I typed in the same apn I used on the omnia and it worked. Not to mention the t-mobile rep on the phone signed me up for the $10 plan when I told him exactly what phone I was using. Don't get all self righteous because you were dumb enough to go to a store buy a mediocre phone and got stuck paying 24 or 30 a month for data service. So how again is it stealing that I receive what the t-mobile rep signed me up for and that I pay money for? Now if I bought the mytouch slide I would be paying the 30$ a month like everyone else. I didn't hack my phone to get data to work it just worked. I bought my BH2 from ebay so it is only natural when data didn't work I tired the APN's that worked on my omnia. So take your self righteousness and place it else where. I pay money for the data that comes from the APN I am using. I don't use the epc.tmobile.com APN therefore I am not stealing anything. Is it my fault they both provide the same unlimited data with not site restrictions no sorry it ain't. Is it my fault the APN works on this phone and not other phones like the slide no it ain't. In all honesty I didn't know there was such a restriction on what APN's work until the slide came out and people started saying the BH2 is one of the few it works on. I bought this phone by chance because I didn't like the cliq that much. Anyways I and I'm sure the person who started this thread appreciates your gracious apology Behold_This and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Reactions: 2FR35H
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones