Conflict between LauncherPro and WidgetLocker?Support

Last Updated:

1. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I rebooted my phone and LauncherPro got stuck starting, only displaying a window in the top left corner, like it couldn't finish rendering the preview screen, and it never starts on that anyway. I was totally stuck without access to the menu buttons but still had the notification for WidgetLocker, so I was able to get to that, unlock it, restart the Moto launcher, and disable WidgetLocker. Now that it's disabled, I seem to be able to make LauncherPro my home again, but it looks like I'll have to disable WidgetLocker, which I really liked.

Not sure what else could be causing the problem - probably something to do with WidgetLocker's home launcher sub-app.

Advertisement
  2. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

The only time I had an issue with LauncherPro not starting up was when I first had it. I had the stock Motorola widgets on the phone then installed LP. I had to uninstall LP, erase all my widgets, then reinstall LP to get things running smoother. While this might not directly relate to Widget Locker, I haven't had Widget Locker cause any issues while also running LP. Well, except for the known Widget Locker bugs.

3. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I've been running WidgetLocker and LP+ for about three weeks now with no problems between the two that I can see.

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

What he said.

5. 92slammer

92slammer Well-Known Member

i had an issue with beautiful widgets freezing due to widgetlocker/ launcherpro....hte clock would not update. once i uninstalled widgetlocker it has been working fine since

6. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

You sure that was not just due to some bugs that BW hit during some of the updates they did. I know the clock freezing was one they had when they were buzy doing the updates for the weather that has now been fixed.

7. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

8. john0821

The odd thing for me is my BW widget works fine on a normal homepage, but when I put it on my WL page, the clock doesn't refresh. The same thing happens with Fancy Widget's clock/weather. I'm just assuming this is another bug.

9. MKREdit

MKREdit Active Member

Has any one noticed a difference in battery performance with widgetlocked/Launcherpro combo? I switched from Lockbot to Widgetlocker and my Dinc's awake time seemed to go through the roof. I wish it didnt I really like the way it worked.

10. john0821

I don't have a battery issue with WL/LPP.

11. impostor71

impostor71 Member

I was running LP+ and Widgetlocker, with Fancy widget, Battery Left, and MixZing widgets on the lockscreen. My battery performance went down the crapper in 2.1 and 2.2. I removed widget locker, Battery Left, now my battery performance is back to what it was before. Not sure what it is about the combo I had that drained the battery like crazy.

12. kitvan

kitvan Member

I've definitely had battery issues with Widget Locker...2.1, 2.2, Sense, ADW all alike...

Bummer, good app other than the killer battery drain.