Conflict Free Phones?

Last Updated:

1. cherrynexus

cherrynexus New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I saw some report on the metals that are used in all cell phones and are fueling the conflict in Congo. (YouTube - Conflict Minerals 101)

I think we can all do our part in urging google, HTC and all other phone manufacturers and partnering associations to pay much closer attention in finding out where they get their metals from and refuse to buy conflict minerals.

Thanks for your support.
    cherry

Advertisement
  2. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

I agree! No more conflict phones but for u know where I can get a good deal on some blood diamonds?

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

that's very disturbing, but unfortunately short of banning buying.... ALL ELECTRONICS there really isn't a whole lot you can do... do you know how many things have solder in them? as pendergrast says, ALL cell phones have these. what would be more effective than contacting htc or google, or apple, would be to contact your government. there should be an embargo against the congo, so that companies simply arent buying the minerals from the congo, which fuels what goes on there.

4. isimon

isimon Member

What's ironic, is that they probably used those materials in the making of the video.

5. jamespg81

jamespg81 Well-Known Member

I dont mind at all, you can give me all the conflict phones...