1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

confused about installing CWM Recovery

1. rigglemania

rigglemania Well-Known Member

So both the page linked here and the description on ROM Manager's app page mention CWM compatible kernels and using Odin, but when I installed ROM Manager and tell it to flash CWM recovery, it claims success and now tells me the latest version is installed each time I open it :confused:

Sorry to be a newb but I've come across so much conflicting information in my searches that I thought it'd be best to appeal to the local gurus for an up-to-date answer.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

you must push clockwork recovery with odin...THEN flash it in rom manager (twice) HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, and more*updated 12/3/10* - xda-developers
  3. rigglemania

Alright... is there a way to back up the stock kernel before following that procedure?
  4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

you cannot backup fully until you actually flash clockwork...cwr will not change your kernel/rom etc....you can then make a nandroid backup in cwr...before flashing anything
  5. rigglemania

Okie doke, installed CWM successfully, made a backup, and am now flashing JT's superclean for DI01 via ROM Manager (told it to make another backup and wipe cache just to be safe)

Here goes nothing! :eek: