Confused about upgrading with Verizon - Help

Last Updated:

1. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I want an Android, and I have been looking forward to Friday for the past few weeks. Now that I am looking at stuff on Verizon's site it looks like I would have to pay a ludicrous amount of money to upgrade to the Android before January (because that is when my "New every 2" is up). Is Verizon actually making it so I CAN'T give them more money by buying a more expensive phone with a more expensive plan without getting railroaded for the full cost of a phone? I don't get it... if I am on contract with Verizon why can I not just extend it and get the DROID?

Advertisement
  2. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member

For one, if they gave you the $300 discount on the phone today versus in January, they are gaining only $60-90 from your data plan. But you are in luck, because Verizon understands impatience. Go talk to a representative. You can usually upgrade 2-3 months early by asking nicely.

3. morrobaybum

morrobaybum Member

This happens alot with Verizon. If you have NE2 available to you in January you are a Primary line on your account, this usually means that you should get a Annual upgrade, depending on your price plan. What price plan are you on? I can tell you if you should get an Annual upgrade, the discount my not be as much as your NE2 but it will still be alot less then the full retail cost of the phone. Its the price we pay for having to have the phone now instead of waiting...

4. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

They probably will upgrade you early, since you're so close to your NE2 time. Like mkibrick said, ask nicely.

they will also consider how long you've been a customer, and how much you shell out every month to them.

Good luck!