Confused by view option under people appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Norgoth

Norgoth Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am new to the Incredible and Android. I am somewhat confused as to the view option under menu for the People app. The available options are Google, Phone and Facebook. Could someone explain what the difference is between the Google option and the Phone option since the Incredible syncs the contact list between Google contacts and my Incredible? Which should I have checked and which should I leave unchecked?

Also, since I use Yahoo primarily I downloaded the YContact app and that is also an option. I have been trying to get it to sync my Yahoo contacts to no avail as of yet. Sometimes though I understand sync can take awhile to start, so I am being patient.

In addition, under View, when I unchanged everything or change what I have checked, nothing seems to change in my People list. Do I just have to wait a bit for the phone to react to the changes I am making? Or do I have to reboot?

Thanks in advance, John

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

You can sync your yahoo contacts via google on pc. Also the only way your incredible will sync your contacts is if there saved as GOOGLE contacts, i found that out the hard way

Gonna move this to support section