Confused little with making folders in galery?Tips

Last Updated:

1. localguy

localguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,
    I'm confused a little bit i read in the Tips and tricks sticky but still lost,
    what i'm trying to do is create folders in the galery but i'm not seeing folders that i made when plugged into the PC all i see is pics not folders when i can click on and open to view a folder, Say i have folder(s) named Friends, Family, Pets, Etc, Etc,
    I even downloaded Astro file manager and made a folder named Friends added some pics but still if i went straight to the galery icon in All Apps there is no folders just photos i have scattered all about. Does this mean i have to use Astro each time to view the folders/photos?
    Thanks for reading, hope someone can give me a little insight on this :)

P.S. when plugged in the PC i did create the folder outside the dcim/100MEDIA folders

Advertisement
  2. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

When you go to the gallery on the phone, does it say "All photos" at the top above thumbnails? If so, you need to click on the icon on the lower left that looks like three lines. This will take you back to the list of albums.

If you have folders on your memory card and they include the file types that the gallery recognizes, they should show up as albums.

3. localguy

localguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im in gallery right now i see All photos and All downloads, and there not folders just a pic i see i have saved in All photos when i click on the 3 bars doesnt do anything just goes back to main gallery

4. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

Did you put pictures in your new folders? It won't show them as albums if there are no pictures in them. Since you're seeing "All photos" and "All downloads" then you are seeing folders. They don't actually look like folders in the gallery. They show a thumbnail of one of the pictures in the folder and then the name of the folder. At the top of the screen it should say "Albums".

If you do have pictures in your folders and they still don't show up in the gallery, then I'm at a loss. I created about 25 folders on mine and haven't had any issues.

5. dan51868

dan51868 Member

Using Astro. Have folders in place, but can't figure how to add to individual folders. Also, how do you drag, if possible, a pic to another folder?
    Thank you in advance

6. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

When using Astro to move a file or in this case a picture you have to:

1) Push the "Multi" button at the top and select the file that you would like to move
    2) After selecting press the "Move" button at the top (at first it will look like nothing happened but if you press the "Edit" button it will only have the option to "Paste"
    3) Go to the desired location that you would like to place your file
    4) Press the "Edit" button and select "Paste" (a quick pop-up will say "Moving")

And that should be it.

dan51868 likes this.
  7. dan51868

dan51868 Member

Thank you for the help...worked great:D

8. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

No problem :) thats what these forums are for.