• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confused.. Need help to decide

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
I'm coming over from the Dark side, an At&T customer who was running a 3gs as my daily driver. However, android simply works better with my google services I use most and lately my recpetion other issues with att have led me to switch.

Here's the problem.. I've been trying to decide between the motorola droid, or the eris.. I know eris isn't on 2.0, yet.. If it's going to get it soon I may actually prefer it to the motorola. the eris is closer in form to the iphone and such.

Also, price is a little bit of a factor here. I can get the eris this week, with my deposit or wait another week and be able to get the motorola.

or does verizon still do the 30 day exchange? maybe i just get an eris for the cheaper cost and then pay the difference next week between the two.
is that how the exchange would work?

Anyway, i played around with moto droid quite a bit at the store and i didnt see myself liking the slide out keyboard too much (probably from my days as an iphone user) so I wont miss it if I dont have it.

Biggest thing really, I like the idea of the free navigation on the moto, but i dont use it that often and am wondering if its worth another 100 bucks..

Or am I missing something else about these two?

Help me out here..

Thanks!

cant wait to get on verizon and the droid! either way will be MUCH better then what I've been used to!!

Yeah, I did play with both at the store but didnt get the eris much face time..

Does anyone know if it will be getting 2.0 in the near future? Also, how is the battery life on the eris? I work 12 hour shifts so my iphone would useually only last me half the day..

I heard task killer helps.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I did play with both at the store but didnt get the eris much face time..

Does anyone know if it will be getting 2.0 in the near future? Also, how is the battery life on the eris? I work 12 hour shifts so my iphone would useually only last me half the day..

I heard task killer helps.

os 2.0 coming in Q1 2010 on eris (probably 2.1 from what i hear) -- Q1 meaning January 20th eta i believe from what i heard. the sooner the better. as far as the battery, needs some work but it will last you all day (as long as ur not playing on it for 12 hours as you work) -- some people havin more issues than others obviously but mine lasts all day on 1 charge. i love the phone, just gotta be patient (which many will not do)

Upvote 0
Great! I think I'm sold on the Eris, then. The more I think about it, I don't think I'd like a big clunky phone like the motorola seems to be after being an iphone user. Plus, my experince with the keyboard leads me to believe that I wouldnt use it that often.. And with the rumors of the eris getting 2.0, well I belive with the HTC sense UI ontop we will have a much better offering then the motorola version.

Thanks for the insight guys! Hopefully getting my eris Saturday! I'll report back when I get it on what I think and any questions I may have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones