Confused to all Hell

Last Updated:

1. rwmoon

rwmoon Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 30, 2009
    So after reading through all the different threads about the Leak, then the Leak V2, and then rooting and leaking I am absolutely lost. I would like to just have a few questions answered because reading through all the different posts it seems like a mash of all the different information bleeds over into all the different threads.

1. What bugs are still present on the Leak V2 (Phone not ringing, google sign in, etc.) ?

2. Is rooting the phone and installing Leak V2 going to give me pretty much the same results except the phone will be rooted?

3. Are you able to do the OTA 2.1 update with the phone rooted? (if it ever comes.)

4. Is the dialer lag fixed in any of these "upgrades" or is there a rom? (not sure if i'm using the right terminology because I am not phone saavy) available that has a dialer that does not lag?

2. raphifix

raphifix Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    First, let me clarify something for you: the Leaked version of 2.1 is NOT the same as the rooted version. If I were you, I would install the rooted version of 2.1, as you can still downgrade back to 1.5 (I think) and you will gain access to various features not available in the standard OS, namely tethering.

From what I understand, you should not attempt to update OTA with either rom, and I don't know if Verizon would let you have the option, but if they do, they would probably disable root.

I know what you are talking about regarding lag, and yes, there is noticeable lag with the dialer when placing and receiving calls (on Sense-able 2.0, which I'm currently using; it's heavily based on 2.1 root)

I honestly cannot answer your other questions. However, below, I have posted my pros/cons regarding Sense-able 2.0, which I flashed onto my phone after I installed 2.1 root

If you want to upgrade to 2.1, I would definitely recommend flashing the root version, as from what I understand, users who upgraded to the leaked version are essentially stuck there until someone roots it (Can someone confirm this?).

If you've decided you would like to upgrade to 2.1 root, and have intermediate computer skills ;), I would go here, where one of the users has posted an all-in-one root script that will have you rooted within minutes. This is another thread with good information about root.

Sorry this was so long-winded. Just let me know if you have any more questions. :D
  3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010