1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

confusion about memorySupport

1. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

so my phone is supposed to have 16g memory, my external has 32g...

but under applications it says 2gb device memory and 11gb on usb storage?

what am i missing?

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Okay this has always been confusing to users with Internal Storage and Micro SD cards.

The internal storage is probably partitioned. Well the 11GB is the remaining memory of your Internal Storage after the system is on it.

Otherwise you should have another that is External USB that is 32GB.
  3. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

thank you... so can i set my system that new apps are beeing installed in the bigger partion right away instead of the 2GB one - and then running out of room... making me manually move the app to the other partition?

also even after moving the app, it still uses some memory in the original (smaller) partion?

thanks!
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The internal storage for the Note LTE is partitioned. The smaller 2GB internal storage partition is used for installation of all apps and the larger 11GB USB storage partition for storage of app data. Unfortunately, Samsung has made it that most applications moved to SD card are in fact just allocated to the USB internal storage partition. It is NOT moved onto the external card. If you have a file manager you can actually see that the USB internal storage is mounted as 'sdcard' and the external card as 'external_sd'.