• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Confusion over killings apps

rcyphermd

Android Expert
Oct 14, 2009
I have downloaded 4 apps to kill background apps. (advance task killer, task maanger, taskiller and task panel). What is weird is when I click on them, they all have different apps running in the background! Any ideas why this is? Which is the best one and why? Or is there another that is better? thanks for helping a newbie!

Different ones show different levels of detail on what they pick up running in memory. I like Advanced Task Killer for quickly closing apps I don't need running in one simple click. It seems to at least see the ones that most often need killing because they won't shut down on their own.

Taskiller & Task Manager see much more that is running and a good number of these you SHOULDN'T be killing as they're core processes. They are very good at using to try and narrow down what may be causing your phone to drain the battery or not sleep, though.

So my recommendation is Advanced Task Killer for every day use. Easy one button kill takes care of all the ones you don't have set to ignore. The others that show more for troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
Not really. The other big battery drain I seem to see from reading other posts is having multiple apps constantly updating you all day. Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Calendars, etc. Just really think about what you need notifying you when it's updated. Otherwise, just manually check things. The only thing I have actively syncing is Contacts & Calendar through Google. Everything else I manually check and only when I'm not around another computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones