• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connect Android to its own Tethered WiFi

GenVidTh

Lurker
Jun 7, 2012
Hi all...
I need a solution to connect my Galaxy S2 wiFi to my own tethered wifi (from galaxy s2). Can anyone help me? :)

Here's the situation...
I need to transfer photos between my Galaxy S2 and my iPad 2.. I use small app called "Photo Transfer App". This app required both device connected to Wifi network... In this case, i dont have any wifi router, so i use my Galaxy s2 as wifi hotspot... My iPad could connect to that network and showing some ip address, and i can sent photo from my iPad to my galaxy s2. But i cant do the vice-versa.

When i want to send photo from my Galaxy S2 to my iPad, my "Photo Transfer App" in the Galaxy said that im not connected to wifi network. Because of that, my galaxy didn't show any IP address which is needed to be reach from my iPad.

Now im realized that when im switched on the wifi on my Galaxy S2, the tethered is automatically switched off...

Is there any way or method that allow me to tethered my wifi while im connected to my tethered wifi itself?

Any help would be very appreciated :)
Thanks a lot before...

Regards, GenVidTh :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones