Connect infuse to flash drive??Tips

1. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member

When i first opened the infuse box i thought the hdmi adapter was a flash drive connector until i read what it was... I have yet to use it.. But a flash drive connector i would use very regularly... Is there such an thing out there??

Advertisement
    :
  2. surlypoker

3. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member

Thas the same darn thing u get in the box except its a longer cord?¿
  4. k_semler

k_semler Active Member

The one that comes in the box is a Micro USB to HDMI adapter. (enables you to play video from your phone on your TV)
  5. surlypoker

No... I mentioned that in my post... It looks like a usb hookup but its hdmi...
  6. k_semler

k_semler Active Member

Did you get the adapter yet, and does it work on your Infuse?
  7. surlypoker

Not yet... Ill fill u in when i do...
  8. Oklated

Oklated New Member

I just bought this adapter and installed the USB Host Controller app on my Samsung Infuse, only to get this message:

S3C USB Host driver NOT found.
    Root hub is not present, USB Host mode not active or not available.

I am assuming this means I have to root my phone in order for this to work. Otherwise, my File Manager does not see a thumb drive attached to the adapter. I don't want to root my phone while it is still under warranty, but may have to try once that period has passed.
  9. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

10. Oklated

Oklated New Member

I just installed the USB Host Diagnostics tool and ran it as directed. It gave me the details on my phone alright, but the results of of all the tests came up either No or N/A. Thanks, this seems to confirm that my Infuse does not have USB Host support. Maybe on my next phone, but that upgrade's a year away.

I appreciate the assistance.