Connect internet from PC to Samsung Galaxy S2 using USBGeneral

Last Updated:

1. chavansoft

chavansoft New Member

Hello Mr.Andriod,

I tried some of the Forum threads, But couldn't help me connect Internet from PC to Mobile Using USB.

My USB Tether is clicked
    Packet Data is Clicked

Please help me on this. Since I don't have Wifi Modem. It is a Broad band Wired

I have Kies , Samsung NPS Installed on my Laptop.

Please help me.

Thanks
    Chavan

Advertisement
  2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean. USB tethering is for you to go internet on the PC while using the phone as a modem. For that the modem needs a 3G data line. I have used it before and it worked fine for me.

But reading your post, it seemed like you want it to be the other way round. That is you want the phone to share your PC internet connection. For that, I've read that you need the PC to be connected to the internet via wired. Then you need to make your PC a wifi hotspot and connect the phone to that wifi. That said, I've tried it for the heck of it, but I couldn't make it work. I suspect that is because I didn't set up the PC properly. :eek:

But then again, if I am going online heavily using the PC, then I would be using the PC. The phone is just for some browsing, games, updates which I keep within my data limit.

Anyway, just clarify what it is that you wish to do, and perhaps someone who have done it both ways can help you.
  3. chavansoft

chavansoft New Member

Hello,

I need to connect Internet from PC to Mobile. Not From Mobile to PC. So Please kindly help me help me on this.

I'm Using My laptop. I have a Dell Wireless. But I donno how to work on WiFi. Please let me know how can I achieve accessing the Internet from PC.

Thanks
    Chavan
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

So I guess you want to use your PC as a wifi hotspot and have the SGS2 connect to the internet they way. Like I said couldn't get it to work so hopefully someone else can help you out.
  5. aelshinnawy

aelshinnawy Member

I found some applications on the interne to convert the PC to Wifi hotspot , so try to search on google for such applications (it is not allowed to specify a third party application in the forum)
  6. anujapiravom

anujapiravom New Member

i have laptop with internet.can i connect my samsung s2 to this pc for internet