Connect RAZR to computerGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-11-13 16:25:24
  1. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

I had an Incredible that was rooted for most of its life so forgive me if this question's answer is "root".

Why when I plug my phone into my computer do I not get any prompts to use the phone as a disk drive? I wanted to transfer ringtones/wallpapers/mClock skins over. Instead I am having to use Dropbox.

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

When you plug it into the PC, is there a symbol in the notification area showing its connected?
  3. Wheresatom

Wheresatom Active Member

Does the notification show up allowing you to choose to mount the drive? It should come into your notification area when you plug in. Then when you select mount your SD card and internal memory in the case of the RAZR will become available where your drives are found on your computer.
  4. TXSooner

Nope, I get nothing in the notification area. It does charge the battery though.
  5. boscoj

boscoj Member

I noticed that when I hook the phone directly to the pc with the factory cable I get a usb storage notification but if I put the Mot external battery pack in line with the cable I don't get any notification. Same as my original droid.

Must be some different cable configuration.
  6. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

Check the cable you are using, that happened to me with my old phone then I realised that cable seemed to be able to charge only
  7. TXSooner

I'm using the same cable I used for my incredible. I'll try a different one tomorrow.
  8. OlManRivah

OlManRivah Well-Known Member

You don't have to Mount the Razr like the OG Droid. Just plug it in using the charger cable that comes with it. Unplug the cable from the charger base and you have a USB connector.
  9. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

It's possible that your computer does not recognize your phone... try installing the Moto drivers.
    jroc likes this.