Connect to a tv?Support

Last Updated:

1. pleaseno

pleaseno Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to connect the MT4G to a tv and play video. The tv is a lcd but not connected to the internet or anything...

while im at it... this is my first post first smart phone. SUP!? Cant wait to unleash the full potential of this phone.

Advertisement
  2. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

Well you can get an external dlna connector. I'm personally no to worried about it. I connect my laptop via HDMI to my tv to watch all sorts of stuff.
    Also welcome to the forums I hope you enjoy yourself here

3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

Along the same lines...how does that screen share app work? Does the TV need to be connected to wifi in order for that to work?

4. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

Sorry should have been more clear the screen share actually uses dlna so thats what the external adapter would be used for there are done newer tvs that have this feature built in but that can get pricey.

5. pleaseno

pleaseno Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have no hdmi on my computer.... Guess ill check out the dina

6. Dans07SGT

Dans07SGT Member

To use the DLNA you have to have wifi. Go to the Twonky website for details on connecting and sharing. Also while there buy the software for your computer. It works and it's on special for MT4G owners. I can control what I want to watch on my computer with my phone, playing the media on my phone or pc.

There are also several blu-ray players with wifi that would work to play media on your tv.

7. Flamurf

Flamurf Member

I almost did it with Twonky through my playsation 3. The game counsel recognized the phone through the search for media devices option. I was able to search through the sub folders on the phone through the PS3, however none of my videos, pics, or music were available. Often times I received an error on my PS3 too while searching for my phone, so I think there's some bugs to be worked out.