Connect to Eduroam wifi trouble with PEAPSupport

Last Updated:

1. Klang

Klang New Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to get my Xperia to connect to the European University network Eduroam.

The problem is that in the wifi settings I need to choose security settings under WPA2-EAP. I need to be able to chose PEAP & sub-type PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2

But the only choice I have on the phone is TLS.

The Android version 1.6 is supposed to have PEAP support and other Android phones seem to manage this.

Any help?

/Mathias

Advertisement
  2. maxmaniac

maxmaniac New Member

Hi!

Same problem here...
    Tried to connect to Eduroam network in my university using this link as guide:

[oucs] Connecting to Eduroam via Android

The problem is, I can't find any other options under "EAP type" except "TLS" (step 7 on the tutorial mentioned above).

Has Sony Ericsson something to do with this?

Thanks for your help!

Andr

3. Klang

Klang New Member This Topic's Starter

I emailed Sony Ericsson last week about this but I have not received any reply. There is also a rumor of an Android update for Sony but I have no idea if that will resolve the problem. Its very annoying not being able to connect to eduroam... But I will post any solutions here if I come across them...

4. maxmaniac

maxmaniac New Member

Well, I have some news regarding this case.

I sent an email to Sony Ericsson/Portugal this morning, and they replied a few moments ago saying this:

" Dear (..)

blablabla (..)

The only networks to which you can establish a connection with Xperia X10 are: Open, WEP, WPA personal, WPA2 personal, WPA-EAP and WPA2-EAP."

Well... This is something we've already found...
    And I'm not very happy with their (lack) of support.

Anyway, a friend of mine has a HTC (don't really know which model) but it has Android 1.6 and his phone also hasn't the EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 options. But he has root access, so he uses an app form the market (Wifi Helper) to connect successfully.

I believe the only solution for this is to wait for root access or wait for an eventual update...

Regards,
    Andr