• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connect to internet via pc

G

ghostd0gg

Hello people. im new to the forum.I'm waiting my wildfire in some days to arrive..Ive used it a lit bit because a friend of mine has it.Since i cant find a good answer online and the search in this forum didnt help i would like to ask you.

How can i connect my wildfire to the internet using my pcs's connection?..They pc doesn't have wifi..so it has to be wired..Thanks , Nick

What you're looking for is called USB Reverse Tethering.

I am trying to do that on my HTC Desire myself. No luck so far..

Couple of resources reg ppl claiming to have done it on other phones (rooted - will void warranty). None of them worked unfortunately.

a) Requires Rooting - Tried, Can't execute the last command to set the DHCP of usb0 as it requires root.
Mycila Blog: Reverse USB Tethering with Android 2.2

b) Isn't clear if it requires rooting - Doesn't work (strange!)
Connect-UTB • View topic - USB Networking in Android on HTC

c) Some other tablet Android which has an external Ethernet adapter - although might only work with particular model.
USB Enthernet cable Connection

d) Yet to try
[android-developers] Re: Ethernet / IP over USB connection?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones