• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connect to Ipad

Hello,

I have an Ipad and the Ipad camera connection kit, and am trying to connect my Evo 4G to use to take pictures with on my Ipad. Is this possible, when I hook it up I get the error message saying that it uses too much energy.

Thanks,
John

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!
i believe that is not how the camera connection kit was designed to do. you will get that error as the evo is trying to use it like a battery source. you might be able to connect to it via bluetooth maybe. but transferring data will not work that way.

Upvote 0
I just got the new Ipad, i successfully connected my HTC evo 3d to Ipad for photo transfer. you need the camera kit, usb adapter. what you need is a non-power usb hub (i have an old kensington one) and from there you plug your phone via usb hub, then usb hub to ipad camera kit. make sure to mount your phone as a disk drive. worked like a charm for me.

it does take longer this way as android have to unmount from phone and mount as disk drive.

but it showed up. if not, open up the photo app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones