Connect to phone with HTC Legend is not working

Last Updated:

1. sure612

sure612 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey! I just wanted to give the app inventor a try. but i cant connect to my htc legend. in the block editor theres a symbol with a phone with a "?" on it right next to the connect to phone button, which is disabled :-(

any ideas on that?
    does the htc legend work with app inventor?

greetings from berlin

Advertisement
  2. harald8474

harald8474 New Member

Did you find a solution for your problem? I have the same!

Thx,
    Harald

3. KE4NYV

KE4NYV Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with my HTC Eris. I grabbed the latest sync and drivers software from HTC's site and then did a complete re-install. After this, AI had no problem talking to my phone. It's worth a shot!

4. sljmaster

sljmaster New Member

I need soem help with this too with my HTC Legend

5. tAIIC

tAIIC Active Member

Sounds like you're facing the dreaded "gray button" problem. See this page for help with some common issues. graybutton - the App Inventor Repository

Also, @KE4NYV already mentioned to make sure you are running the latest HTC Sync. In addition to that, make sure you have the latest Java runtime installed as well.
    java.com: Java + You

Finally, make sure the latest runtime is enabled. If you have multiple versions installed you might not have the correct one enabled.
    Go to the Windows Control Panel, Open the Java Control Panel, Click the Java tab at the top, and click View. Once there, make sure enabled is checked for the latest version.

Good luck!

Gene
    App Inventor Info Center

6. Mateng

Mateng New Member

I am experiencing exactly the same.
    Thanks Gene, I checked the above (& updated HTC Sync), but that didn't solve the problem. Phone is connected and is recognized. When Blocks Editor starts, this is the Java console output:

Code (Text):
    1. Trying to download phone app apk
    2. Phone app apk saved into temp file: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\aia7181030544873458797.apk
    3. filepath: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\aia7181030544873458797.apk packageName: com.google.AppInventorPhoneApp
    4. Loading language def from jar resource: /yacodeblocks/support/ya_lang_def.xml
    5. systemId is file:///C:/Portables/FirefoxPortable/ignore_lang_def.dtd publicId is null
    6. Reading language definition DTD from jar resources.
    7. Preparing phone for new project
    8. Creating GUI...
    9. Device connected: HT04PNX02792
    10. Device connected: 1 devices plugged in.
    11. CDeviceSelector: adding device HT04PNX02792