Connect to wifi AND mobile network at same time...

Discussion in 'Android House and Home' started by GoFastLemon, Dec 1, 2015.

1. GoFastLemon

GoFastLemon New Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Male
    Hey Guys! First post! So I moved outta town and we don't have land line Internet yet, only our TMOBILE note3, and note4. We do have chromecast and wanted to use it to watch TV my mirroring our phone...so I bought a router. The problem is, there is no Internet hooked up to the router, and the phones won't connect to the router and mobile network at the same time....is there ANY way to do this. I want to use the router for my fallout 4 pip boy app and watch YouTube videos, and my wife wants to stream netflix. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. svim

svim Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Here's a nice 5-part guide on setting up a wireless router, the first two are really necessary to read through, the third is helpful, and the last two are just supplemental.
    http://lifehacker.com/5833254/know-your-network-the-complete-guide

From what you've described, you really do need to have either DSL or cable connectivity before you do any of what you want. While you could use your T-Mobile as a temporary way for Internet access, the data part of your next bill would be huge, watching online videos and gaming burn through quite a bit of bandwidth. Get that Internet service in installed, then set up your router, then connect all your devices to your new WiFi network, in that order.