• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connect X10 to PC with Windows 7

Gurba

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Norway
I've got a PC with Win7 64bit and a wireless router. I want to connect the phone to the PC via wifi but I'm not able to I've tried ES file explorer and I can connect to the PC but I'm unable to open the shared folders. The phone prompts me for username and password but I haven't activated such. Any ideas?

I have the same as you Win 7 64bit and all you need to do is make sure you have sharing selected, you can select it under network, to use ES file explorer all you need is to have sharing enabled, I use it all the time, I transfer files to my PC and back to my phone with it, I also use Remote Desktop on my X10 so I can log onto my PC, But to get the File Manager to pick up all your computers drives you have to make sure It is on the network, Try this link at the bottom. I hope it helps, but with Windows 7 it is pretty easy to share. When I use ES File Manager I see every hard drive on my computer plus the folders I selected to share, You may also want to select a folder that you want to share and right click on it and select "Share With" under there you can select the Homegroup or specific people. For the Username and Password prompt try entering the username you log into the PC with and if you enter a password on startup use it if not leave it blank that may help there to.

Enable file and printer sharing

Reactions: Gurba
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones