1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ConnectBot on Magic

Last Updated:

1. tunnie

tunnie Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just recently got my HTC Magic, i love it, such a cracking OS & Phone combination, lot of my fellow colleagues wish they had not followed the crowd having seen my handset :D

Right back on topic, i was at the pub with a group of work mates, and we got onto SSH for the Magic (as you do) so i installed ConnectBot.

Great first impressions, easily managed to connect to a box (although it does seam to time out for password entry rather fast?) I could gain access and holding the track ball for Cntrl is a nice option. Which actually makes it useable as i have to use screens all the time in SSH.

My problem is the keyboard, the App looks like it was designed for the G1, after i had done a few commands i minimized the keyboard so i could see more, but then could not get it back.

Is there a way to bring up the software keyboard, while in ConnectBot?

Thanks

Tunnie

Advertisement
  2. tunnie

anyone?

3. Cringle

Cringle New Member

I don't use connectbot but you can bring up the soft keyboard by holding down the menu button, sometimes works.

4. tunnie

Yeah tried that, did not work. Think its because it was designed for the G1 :(

5. DThor

DThor Active Member

Hit the 'back' key on the right, it shows a list of connections. Select the one in question, it returns you to that screen, and the keyboard should pop up.

DT