connectbox SSH app - how to login?

Last Updated: 2010-05-03 15:25:37
  1. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a SSH app and ran across one in the Android Market called connectbox. It installed just fine on my Droid Incredible. The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to connect to any systems. There is a box at the bottom to select your protocol (SSH, Telnet, etc) and then another box to enter the connection information (username@servername:portnumber). However, I found no "login" or "connect" button, so I have no idea how to establish a connection with this app. I looked in the menu settings, but it just contained options that let you change the way the app looks and helps generate keys for you if you want to use keys instead of passwords, which I don't, so the only thing I could do was enter the target system info. For anyone that's used this, what is the process to actually establish a connection with another system? What am I missing here?

Advertisement
  2. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

After typing in your username@host information, just press the 'Enter' key on the keyboard. That will begin the initial connection process, where you'll be asked about the key, blah blah, standard stuff.

Once you've logged in and out once, it will store that connection in a list so the next time you start the app, you can just press the saved connection to quickly reconnect. (passwords aren't saved though.)
    axel_2078 likes this.
  3. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I didn't realize it was the Enter key that triggered the connection. I thought it was part of a menu function that I couldn't find.