"Connected to Multimedia Station" notification? I'm not!Support

Last Updated:

1. AmberLi

AmberLi Member This Topic's Starter

This afternoon, after it had been in my purse, the Droid started displaying a notification "Connected to Multimedia Station" and under it, "Select to open launcher".

I don't know how this got there (I don't have any such station), and it will not go away. I can't clear it by pressing it - it goes to a black screen and then back to home. It's not listed in "running applications" either.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

does anything in your bag have a magnet on it? or perhaps a case you have the phone in?

3. AmberLi

AmberLi Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, the bag closes with a magnet...

Thanks for the help, I put it next to the magnet, it went to car mode, and then disappeared when I took it off.

Thanks again!

4. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

glad it worked.

5. seminoleshapman

seminoleshapman New Member

Having a magnet next to it makes it do strange things? I have a belt holder with a magnet on it and get the message all the time. That is just wrong!

6. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

having a magnet to it actually does very predictable things. Not really strange since it was designed to work this way. My advice is get a different holder

7. Fenix

Fenix New Member

I'm having the same issue, but it's not related to any magnets. The alert has been on for about a week now, but wherever I take it, regardless of where it is, the "connected to multimedia station" notification is there continuously.
    So it may have something more to do with just magnets? I'm not sure, but if anyone has any tips or useful information that would be greatly appreciated.

8. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Either you are magnetically charged, or something is wrong with the phone. Have you tried restarting the phone or pulling the battery?

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

To understand this further, you need to understand that the DROID has built in magnetic sensor that determines if it is in a Car Dock or Multimedia Dock.

The polarity of the magnet determines which is which, one polarity for Car Dock and the other for the Multimedia Dock, but the positioning of the magnet is the exact same spot.

If you are getting this notification every time you boot, and regardless of whether you do a battery pull or not, then Nstallions suggestions may be true, but I have some other things to think about:

1) Are you using any sort of antenna signal booster (like those security tags that are installed in books and things) inside your phone?

2) Was your phone ever exposed to a very potent magnetic charge (like set on top of a speaker) at any point in the past?

3) It is possible that the magnetic sensor has simply gone bad. You could try looking at using a sensor checking app to verify if, indeed, your sensor has gone bad....

10. Fenix

Fenix New Member

Johnlgalt brought up some very relevant points about the possible issue. I'm sure anyone who may have this problem int he future should refer to his reply in case any of those 3 possible causes may have been the reason. In this case, however, nstallion's advice to simply restart my phone and removed the battery was all that was required to solve the problem.
    Thank you both!!

11. sanybelbound

sanybelbound New Member

Yippie!! Taking the battery out solved the problem for me!