• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Connected to Wifi Network" Keep popping up

n3lly

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
I'll try keep this nice and short. Read the first 10 pages and did a search but this seems to be a little different to the usual Wifi freezing issues.

My wifi is working nicely(90+% I'd guess).

However one little annoying thing keeps happening and that's the little notification bubble at the bottom of the screen appears and tells you your wifi has successfully connected..

Problem is it keeps doing it every 2-4min. I could be using an app and it just randomly pops up. Literally takes 2 seconds to connect up but it's still annoying.

• I've tried fixing it by going into the advanced wifi settings and applying a fixed IP.
  • I've removed the battery for 10min and rebooted the phone.
  • I've assigned the MAC address of the phone in the router settings and turn DHCP back on in the phone settings.
  • I've changed the wifi sleep settings to all three different states, Always on, Only when being charged, and never on. (can't remember the exact lines)

Anyway I just thought I'd throw this up here in case anyone knew of a quick fix which I just haven't come across. It's one of those problems where I keep finding other wifi problems but none like this one.
It doesn't seem to be losing connection and whenever i need the internet it seems to be there for me. It's just that damn bubble keeps popping up every few minutes. Very odd. Apart from that everything else is running smooth enough apart from battery drainage but i think that'll settle down after a couple of days use.

Thanks a million in advance for any ideas you might have.

nelly

Hi, I just got my new S4 yesterday and I am using wifi at my work to connect to data. Well that wifi keeps disconnecting and connecting and getting that STUPID ***** ANNOYING popup again and again, every minute. As I do not have any control on this wifi network, looks like I have to live with it. But is there anyone who could let me know how to disable that? Any code/java,API call on Android OS? Anything will be helpful. It is making me crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones