Connecting 3.5mm to HTC EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. the_hero

the_hero New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a n HTC EVO and a really nice car stereo system. I have a 3.5mm headphone jack coming from my stereo that I use to plug in MP3 devices, phones, etc.

The problem I am facing with the EVO is that it seems to think that when the headphone jack is plugged in the microphone on the EVO shouldn't work.

I would imagine this is because most of the time when you plug in a headphone jack it expects th what ever is on the other end to have a microphone. In this case, there isn't. I would like to be able to talk on the phone in my car while hearing through my car stereo speakers. Everything works great except whoever is on the other end of the line can't hear me cause when the headphone is plugged in it doesn't use the EVO's microphone.

Does any one know how to override or fix this behavior?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I've moved this thread to the Evo section where the members there can better assist you. :)

the_hero likes this.
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Try a different 3.5mm cable. I've had trouble with one that did something similar. Changed out the cable to another and no more issues. In fact, I noticed last night if the phone rings in the car I can answer and the audio plays over the stereo and I can use it like a hands free!

the_hero likes this.
  4. the_hero

the_hero New Member This Topic's Starter

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

6. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

It shouldn't matter. I use my headphones with the Evo and I'm still able to properly speak into the mic. As suggested, try another cable.