Connecting a Moto Droid to PCGeneral

Last Updated:

1. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

Hello All! I'm considering upgrading from my HTC Droid Incredible 4g to a new Motorola Droid Mini coming out soon. My only hesitation is PC connectivity. I was helping a friend connect her Droid RAZR to her PC and it required us to install the Device Manager software. Is this true with all Motorola Droid phones? With my Incredible, all I have to do is plug it in and it comes up as a thumb drive where I can browse the files with Windows Explorer. I was hoping the Droid Mini would be the same way, but wanted to confirm with other Motorola Droid folks first that I didn't have to use proprietary software to access my files. Thanks!

2. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

Think you posted in the wrong forum...this area is for the Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX. I've let a moderator know so they can hopefully help you out.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums elssarjd. Thanks to doniago I was able to get your thread moved to the Droid Mini forum where you will ultimately get the best answers.:)

In my experience with Moto devices (aged as I haven't owned a Moto since the D2) I could simply plug in the usb cable and transfer files. That being said, the driver installation is a piece of cake with Motorola devices as opposed to my Samsung device.

I hope this helps.:)
  4. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

I'm not sure if you saw, but I do talk about the Droid RAZR and wanted a someone who owned one to comment on my question in relation to that. So I believe this is the correct forum.
  5. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

You actually don't need to install or use the moto software, when it pops up just close it out, and as long as you have usb selected on the phone side, it will show up on your pc as a usb mass storage device
  6. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

Perfect! Thanks for the help.
  7. Thom

Thom Guides Guide