Connecting as Media DeviceGeneral

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

I need to connect my S4 as a media device to I can transfer some music files to it. It seems to always connect as a Installer now. How can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

David

Advertisement
  2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

With the phone connected to USB pull down the notification bar and select connect as media device.
  3. Yourconnexx

Yourconnexx Member

what if you are using windows xp???

ive been using es file explorer to "air share (wifi)" my pics and files.

had a power surge, my wireless router went out, now i need to empty some pics from my phone (about 2000)

yes yes i know i shouldnt have let that many pics accumulate on my phone. but if i would be able to transfer over usb and wifi it would never come to this

windows xp and mtp HAVE NEVER worked for me. vista and up are simply plug in, copy and paste.

today i have tried updating windows media player to version 11. and i even edited my wpdmtp.inf file to it specifically has my device id in it. exact same results. not even ptp works. only thing that shows is my dropbox pics, which of course dont need to be backed up lol

google searches mostly turn up solutions to other phones. ive tried a few but none have even come close. still at square one.
  4. MikeNJ

MikeNJ Member

Since the update to 4.4.2 I too have been unable to get my phone to connect to my XP Sp3 laptop.

It's not too big a deal because my primary system is a W7 desktop.

Thankfully I have Dropbox on my phone set to "Upload over wifi" and it does so as soon as I get home (as long as I have more than 25% battery, that is.)