Connecting Attain 4G to QPST to change prl.

Last Updated:

1. pandibear

pandibear Member

I started looking for a way to change the prl I updated OTA from 3027 back down to 3026 because it was disconnecting my 4G every few minutes. AND it was killing my battery from searching for 4G

This is what I found. Hope this helps someone here.

The QPST setup file and prl file is from samsung admire's thread. Its all thanks to nuttmeg for these files.

-first, get your IMEI number from your "About Phone --> Status section"
    -dial **87284 on your phone. it will go to a menu to let you change the USB section to modem.
    -goto your device manager to check what port the phone is on. For me, before I change the modem section. the phone was on com5 and after change. it went to com9
    -Run QPST configuration and add the port (com9)
    -the port should come up with a model number which to me is strange numbers. but it should not show "No Phone"
    -start client - Service programming
    -Roam tab
    -load file (prl file)
    write to phone - it will ask for your SPC code which you can get by putting your IMEI code into MEID convertor from the google play / marketplace
    when done, let it reboot all the way.

it doesnt reconnect instantly. it took my phone about 2 minutes to reconnect to 4G but afterwards but once it did. it is working better atleast for me.

EDIT: I updated to 3028 and it seems to work very nicely for me. but I did get a few drop calls when I was passing a few areas right after updating. I dont know if its just the area or my phone. Will be continue testing tomorrow when I pass that area again.

joezack and Havocx23 like this.
  2. skinlab

skinlab Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. 3027 docked my connection too.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I had the feeling that would work... sweet

OLDSCHOOL410 Member

i downgraded to 3022. but im currently on the $40 plan, what settings does your qpst say when you read the phone under the mip and ppp? do you know what should be in there in order to get regular 3g internet for free?
  5. mobileplay

mobileplay Well-Known Member

Just got 3028, will see how its working and post tomorrow.
  6. Stingroo

Stingroo Well-Known Member

Thanks! 3027 now. We'll see if I get my 4g back.
  7. mobileplay

mobileplay Well-Known Member

3028 seems to be working good for me.
  8. tydagreat5

tydagreat5 Member

will this get it to work??
  9. tydagreat5

tydagreat5 Member

hey do u no how to get it to read attain 4g the port not popping up