connecting droid to cradlepoint

1. mikeal5703

mikeal5703 Member

i have a rooted lg ally and i would like to tether it to my cradlepoint mbr1000 and there has to b a way so im just asking if anyone knows how that can work do i have to get a certain app or something?

Advertisement
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Im not sure how they work, but I'd assume turn wifi on the Ally and connect it via wifi, like you would any other router?

But maybe I'm not understanding your question. Can you clarify please?
  3. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Well.

You could use a PC as an intermediary kinda like a router, have the phone tethered to the PC and the PC share the connection to the WAN port on your MBR.

IDK if the mbr supports bridging mode, but if it compatable with DDWRT firmware you can reflash it and then have the router "rebroadcast" the allys signal.

EDIT: I just looked closer at the MBR device and it looks to be a "mobile broadband" router. it seems to me this device would already be broadcasting an internet connection, Im not sure what your trying to do here.
  4. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Ah! I see, tether the Ally to the MBR because it requires a USB key for it to put out a mobile broadband router so Use the Ally's 3G connection and attach it to the MBR so it shares the connection Via WiFi. I doubt this will work but you can try using the wired tether included in velocity and attaching it to the USB on the MBR
    mikeal5703 and 9volt321 like this.
  5. mikeal5703

mikeal5703 Member

Whats velocity?
    Also there is the option to install drivers on the router
  6. mikeal5703

mikeal5703 Member

Thanks for your help i just put velocity on and i am now testing it so thank you very much