Tips Connecting Galaxy S6 to my car stereo via usb cable issue

Discussion in 'Android Auto' started by nam84, Dec 11, 2015.

1. nam84

nam84 New Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Female
    phone - Galaxy S6
    car - chevy cruz 2011 (manufacture stereo)
    connection - USB

After 7 years with iPhone I switched to Android device and some simple things seem challenging for me so I apologize in advance ..

I used to plug in iPhone into my car stereo via usb cable and it would automatically play the downloaded playlist from iTunes. But mostly I listen to Pandora app radio and some other music directly from the websites (not applications) also YouTube etc. Basically any audio coming out from iPhone was played on my car stereo once the phone was connected through USB (even if it's just a video I recorded on the phone the sound would play in the car.

Today I bought Galaxy 6S, plugged it into my car and tried to play music from one of the websites (I have a playlist there). The car stereo recognizes the phone but once I press play on a song there is no sound and it switches back to my car radio.

What do I do wrong?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

Advertisement
  2. Ricardino

Ricardino Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    I have an android phone and I couldn't get my pioneer car stereo to see it until I downloaded an an app for android that pioneer makes and now I'm able to play the music in my music folder using the stereo to navigate. I can't use any music apps on the phone or use the phone to play music but I'm OK with that. I have to mention though that the sound quality coming from my android is so much better than my iPhone that it sounds like I've installed an amplifier in my car.