Connecting Incredible to MacAccessories

Last Updated:

1. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I connect my DI via USB and select Mount(SD card is in there), but nothing shows up on my desktop. Talked to Verizon who turned me to HTC. The only advice the woman offered was to select USB debugging under Settings>Applications>Development. But this changed nothing. Bluetooth between Mac and DI is not working for me either. Hopefully things will change but as of now they are not looking good. How am I supposed to get my music on this thing!? Anyone with any insight?

Advertisement
  2. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member

If no one helps you by tommarow evening I will see what I can do when I get mine.

Bill

3. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

The HTC software doesn't work on mac, but you should be able to mount your SD card no problem. What steps are you using?

4. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

I havent tried it yet, but with my BB I could use a card reader and put music on the SD card, then use the card in the phone....cant guarantee that will work, but I would think it would since I used to do that waaaay before BB's and Macs were working together nicely....

5. dmb_droid41

dmb_droid41 Active Member

Does it show up in Disk Utility? Search Disk Utility in spotlight.

Or it will be in /Applications/Utilities/

It should show up in there if its mounted.

6. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

it works for me, connect the Incredible to your mac, then go to the phone, slide to unlock, and you should see some options of what you want to do, "Charge only" and etc.. go and select Disk mount, and press done, then it mount with your mac, and you should see it on your desktop. thats what i did and it worked.

if that doesn't show when you unlock, just go to the notifications bar, slide that down and you should see the usb icon thing, and tap on that to open it.

*edit* oopss read to fast and skimmed the part where you said you selected mount.. haha

7. bxlxaxkxe

I figured it out. whew! I was a little scared. It was something specific to my computer...so any other mac users reading don't be alarmed...it works flawlessly. Thanks for the replies.

8. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

glad you figured it out. lol i was wondering why it wasn't working for you, i just plugged mine it and mounted it and bam it showed up on the desktop..

9. jjv

jjv Member

Are you trying to see the onboard 8 gb or the 2gb micro card that comes with it from VZw for free..?

10. bxlxaxkxe

Both show up right away...well my 8gb and the 8gb storage. 2gb isn't going to cut it.

11. sxshep

sxshep Well-Known Member

Bluetooth work also?

I have a Macbook 13 inch, still running OS 10.4... I heard about transferring music via Doubletwist, but it requires Mac OS 10.5. So, last night I downloaded Salling Media Sync in anticipation of getting my HTC Incredible on Saturday, but when I looked at the list of devices in Salling, the Incredible is not yet listed. Soooo, I'm hoping that the files will just transfer into a folder or something on the Incredible and I won't have any issues.

BTW, this is going to be my first smartphone, so I've never tried this. I never really tried to transfer music to my LG Voyager, though bluetooth works fine with my Mac and LG. I'll just spend time playing around with it when I get it Saturday and hope it's easier than people make it out to be.

12. sxshep

sxshep Well-Known Member

Anyone try to sync to their Mac using Salling yet?

13. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Salling works well, but I think i might splurge on MissingSync once they have all their features sorted out. I like the Wifi Sync.

14. sxshep

sxshep Well-Known Member

Well bluetooth transfer worked well, as did Salling for me... Salling took about 45 minutes to upload about 1300 songs though, which took waaaaay longer than the same amount did for my iPod

15. KurtRonaldMueller

KurtRonaldMueller New Member

Do you mind sharing the solution with everybody? I am having the same problem and would like to know the solution you came up with.

16. fknauss

fknauss Member

My guess is that not having mounted drives show up in the finder would keep you from seeing it on either the desktop or the sidebar of the finder.

17. TheDonVeto

TheDonVeto New Member

Just stumbled upon this trying to answer the question myself. When you connect to the Mac via USB, and if it does not automatically show up, unlock the phone, pull down the drop down menu and click on charge only. Then choose "disk drive" to mount it as a disk drive.

Good luck!

18. jwindsor

jwindsor New Member

I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread while searching my current Incredible problems with my iMac (trying to simply transfer photos to iPhoto for management/catalog). When plugging my HTC Incredible to my iMac, I get the following error pop up:

------
    NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk3 at /Volumes/Untitled because the following problems occurred:
    Error reading bootsector: Input/output error
    Failed to mount '?dev/rdisk3': Input/output error
    NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very important! If the devise is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory (e.g. /dev/mapper/nviia_eahaabc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details.
    ---------------

I have no idea what to do with this information or how to trouble shoot this on my iMac. I also have a Samsung Fascinate with Droid that mounts fine by showing as a separate drive on my iMac that I can drag photos over...
    Any assistance, guidance, and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks