Connecting Incredible to PC via USB? Not able to access Incredible?Support

Last Updated:

1. TheDude782

TheDude782 Member This Topic's Starter

I have set the phone for USB debugging. I will select it as a hard drive and yet my computer will still not recognize it and I would love to be able to just click and drag files and folders onto my phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Sounds as though you dont have the USB drivers on your computer...

I installed HTC sync and it installed the drivers I needed...

Lego!

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Does it at least show the drives? Sometimes I have to set it to charge only then back to USB drives before I can ccess anything.

4. motoringmike

motoringmike Member

I thought I had the same problem. It's a simple fix. From the Main Screen hit the menu button then Settings then Connect to PC then Default Connection Type. You can change the setting from Charge Only to Disc Drive. This should allow your PC to recognize your phone and you can drag and drop files all day long.

Hope this helps.

5. TheDude782

Okay, still not working.

USB Debugging is on
    Connect To Setting is Disk Drive

So, right now. HTC Sync is not connecting to my phone and my bluetooth is not connecting to the computer either. What the heck?

6. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

If all you want to do is access your phone storage as disk, you should not need to enable USB debugging. USB debugging is something else, which requires drivers that are included with the SDK.

If the USB connection type is set to "disk drive" in your phone settings, the phone should appear as 2 removable drives when you connect it to your PC. One drive is your SD card; the other is the phone's internal file system. If you don't see this, try it with a different PC.

7. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

I know this is weird, but sometimes I can only access the phone as storage (i.e. not charge only) if I plug it into my computer while my phone screen is on and unlocked.

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

OP,
    I apologize if I'm oversimplifying, not meaning to. Power up phone normally, set connection to disk drive, plug in usb, wait for Windows box to pop up asking u what u want to do. Choose "view files and folders".

9. TheDude782

Okay, I had to install a different HTC Sync and drivers. I can connect via USB. Anyone else having issues connecting via bluetooth?

EDIT: DISREGARD...I figured it out.