Connecting LAN server from inside LAN.

Last Updated:

1. J Cubed

J Cubed New Member

I have a Motorola Droid that has been working great for a month, now. I can connect to my network and access the Web through it. (I have confirmed this via NetCounter.) Unfortunately, when I enter the IP address of my web server in the Android browser or Opera, or my XP machine in androidVN, it seems like my Droid is trying to access the 192.168.x.y IP addresses from outside the network, rather than on my LAN. The only tool that is working on the LAN is the ssh tool, ConnectBot, which connects to my Debian server nicely. I've seen a few threads from people who cannot connect to their LAN, but I know that isn't my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas why most apps are looking right past my LAN to the outside world? How can I get my other tools to look at 192.168.x.y addresses locally? I don't want have my router expose ports to the outside world, especially my Windows box.

Thanks!

Advertisements
  2. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi network? There are numerous apps that will tell you your local IP address, what do any of these apps tell you? Is the Droid's IP address in the 192.168.x.x range?

3. esem1967

esem1967 New Member

Using Xperia X10 - Android 1.6, seem to face a similar issue - although the phone is connected to the wireless router and has a valid intranet ip, phone browser directly connects to the internet without first checking within the LAN - any help greatly appreciated - thanks

4. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

Go into the advance wireless network settings and manaulyl configure the dns/gateway.