Connecting multimedia doc via USB

Last Updated:

1. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you decide to connect your multimedia dock to your PC via USB, you hit a re-boot cycle, which stops as soon as you remove the Droid from the dock. Anyone else get this?

~ ~ Dave

Advertisement
  2. Nepherim

Okay, turns out this is not specific to the multimedia dock. For some reason my Droid reboots whenever it's connected to a USB port. Just plugging the USB cable in causes a reboot cycle. Unplug the cable and the reboots stop. I've tried two different cables, and two different PCs.

My guess is that I installed some incompatible software. Any suggestions, or anyone have the same problem?

3. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

I had problems with the Droid rebooting he first weekend I got it (day 1). Exchanged it on day 3 for a different one. No more rebooting...

4. Nepherim

Odd thing is it's been working fine, up until I plugged the multi-media mount into a usb port. That's when the reboots started. Now it happens even if I plug a normal USB cable in. Not sure if the multimedia thing is what caused it though.

At this point I'm just deleting app by app. Is there a 'hard-reset' category that removes all apps, but not other settings? I have no data to retain so that helps.

5. Nepherim

I'm about to get an award for most self-replies to a thread. Anyway, I ended up doing a hard-reset -- that fixed the problem. Now if I find the app that caused this...