connecting phone to car stereo via usb for music, how to make UI like ipod

Last Updated:

1. chris504

chris504 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Evo, recently switched from an iphone. Loaded just a few songs on my Evo to test out the USB to car stereo connection and it works. But I liked the way iphone worked with the stereo better because all the Evo does is show is let me browse through folders like an mp3 CD would. The iphone would let me browse through artists, albums, playlists, genre, etc, etc all from using the controls on my steering wheel. Sooooo, does anybody know of an android app that will make my car stereo browse artists, albums and playlists like it could with iphone. I know its not a big deal but it would be more convenient, probably only advantage my iphone had over Evo.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

No, the only way to access media via usb is through disk drive mode, which will give you all the folders. Thats the advantage to ipods.

3. MrFrankZ

MrFrankZ Member

Evo HW ver 0003, Froyo, non-rooted

Does the head unit determine whether or not you can use this functionality? I use a USB stick that has quite a few non-music folders on it, as well as my MP3's, WMA's, etec.. My head unit (Clarion VX401) recognizes this media immediately. I have the connection type set to "Mount as Hard Drive" by default. I use the same cable to plug into my HU that I use at the office to sync to my PC, and the phone charges while plugged into the HU so i know the issue isn't with the cable.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

joehp1 likes this.
  4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes.