1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Connecting phone to Hyundai Elantra?Support

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member

Anyone have luck getting their S3 to connect to their Elantra for the media part?

I can connect via bluetooth, and I can also play songs from my phone through the USB. But whenever I plug in my phone, I get the "media read error".

I know it's because the S3 uses MTP and not mass storage. I've even rooted my phone to see if that would help (I've been looking for a reason to anyways), but it did not help.

Anyone out there get this working or have any ideas??? Oh, I've also tried the Easy UMS app, but that didn't work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. madjpey

madjpey Well-Known Member

Are you connecting the phone with the USB to the car? That should only work with a iPod. They are not meant to connect with any other devices for media issues. I have a 2011 Sonata and it syncs just fine with bluetooth and with audio cable for MP3 players (don't need it but tried it to make sure was working).
  3. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member

It's not just for the Ipod, it's supposed to work with all phones. Supposed too...someone at Hyundai didn't think about MTP support. BTW, I have a dedicated Ipod cable that came with the car, it's not the same.