connecting samsung captivate to computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. bellarmine

bellarmine New Member This Topic's Starter

i just got my second captivate, the first would never connect to my computer the second one (the one i have right now) connects to my laptop but my computer wont recognize the device, bottom line is that i cant connect it to my computer. I have tried so many things like: "mount and unmount" the SD card and the internal memory, also i have tried the USB debugging, i hava also tried the kies option on the phone, and nothing.. i have all the Samsung USB Drivers (version V.1.3.450.0) i have downloaded the kies program and the kies mini and they haven't work... what am i missing??? can anyone help me? (my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A135-4527 with windows vista)

Advertisement
  2. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

I used the Settings->Applications->USB Settings->Media player option to access all the dirs and files on the phone.

vt6spd likes this.
  3. vt6spd

vt6spd Well-Known Member

Wow! Changing it to Media Player totally made it work!!! Sweet! I was having the same problem. I could not connect to my computer at all. This saved me lots of head aches and blue toothing info back and forth.

4. mterrence5

mterrence5 Member

i also have this problem. The computer says USB driver could not be found but I have downloaded Kies Mini and the drivers. Windows 7 laptop and Vist PC both do not work. Followed the steps from the samsung website to install the drivers.

Do you have the JH7 Update? I am wondering if that is the issue on my phone.