• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connecting samsung captivate to computer

bellarmine

Lurker
Nov 11, 2010
i just got my second captivate, the first would never connect to my computer the second one (the one i have right now) connects to my laptop but my computer wont recognize the device, bottom line is that i cant connect it to my computer. I have tried so many things like: "mount and unmount" the SD card and the internal memory, also i have tried the USB debugging, i hava also tried the kies option on the phone, and nothing.. i have all the Samsung USB Drivers (version V.1.3.450.0) i have downloaded the kies program and the kies mini and they haven't work... what am i missing??? can anyone help me? (my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A135-4527 with windows vista)

i also have this problem. The computer says USB driver could not be found but I have downloaded Kies Mini and the drivers. Windows 7 laptop and Vist PC both do not work. Followed the steps from the samsung website to install the drivers.

Do you have the JH7 Update? I am wondering if that is the issue on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones