Connecting Samsung Galaxy Ace II to Mac USB KiesGeneral

1. RobCubbon

RobCubbon Member

I want to be able to connect my new Samsung Galaxy Ace II to either my MacBook Pro or iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.8

I have downloaded the Android File Transfer USB software and Kies.

Android File Transfer says "Could not connect to your device. Try reconnecting or restarting."

Kies says it's Connecting... but it never does.

I've turned off and on USB Debugging Mode in Settings > Applications > Development.

I have tried set up the phone as a modem through the Mac's System Preferences... Network according to these instructions dossy dot org /2011/04/android-usb-tethering-on-mac-os-x/ (can't post links) but that doesn't work either.

I just want to drag images and movies to my Macs easily. I'm going through Drive at the moment which is a bit time consuming!

Advertisement
  2. cheesehouse

cheesehouse New Member

know how you feel looked everywhere for a solution and nothing but i figured out how to do it.

with phone disconnected from the mac goto

settings -> wireless and network -> usb utilities -> then click the button saying connect storage to pc

then it will say "connect usb cable to use mass storage" connect the cable and boom it appears under finder as a usb memory stick
    RobCubbon likes this.
  3. RobCubbon

RobCubbon Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I actually managed to get Kies working but this is much better. I just wanted the drag and drop functionality.

Before that, guess what I was doing? Uploading photos and video to Drive and downloading them to my computer!!! :)